Thursday, February 7, 2008

Day 38-Hope by Paper Airplane


Spam. We all get them filtering through our emails right? Its annoying. It twists the hairs on my arms. It makes my evil side come alive.

Sometimes, you might get something that has a mass forward that makes you spend 5 minutes just scrolling to the bottom to see a picture of a Santa sitting on a Harley wearing nothing but a thong and a candy cane. I just cant look at my lifesize Santa the same way again. Hmm-I just might have to try that outfit on him next season. I think the neighbors would dig it.

The other day I saw a thread posted on a message board that I'm a part of. It was about a little boy named Hunter. He was recently diagnosed with a rare form of non hotchkins lymphoma called Burkitts cancer. It only affects about 300 children a year. He is five years old. Right now, all Hunter wants is to break the world record for recieving the most paper airplanes. It takes under 15 seconds to make a paper airplane. My almost 5 year old makes me fold one for him at least twice a day.

My boys and I have been folding a box full to send to Hunter. If you want to take the time to fold one and mail it to him let me know. I'll tell you where you can send it. I would hope that if something like this were to happen to one of my children someone out there would have enough heart to fold and send them one. 15 seconds. Thats all it takes. You've already used up 5 paper airplane seconds.

Heres the info where to send everything:

"My son Hunter has been diagnosed with a rare form of non hotchkins lymphoma called Burkitts cancer. It only affects about 300 children a year. Usually between the ages of 2 and 11 and its usually boys but can effect girls also. Burkitts is one of the fastest growing tumors that we know of. He went into the hospital on a Friday and the tumor was about the size of a tennis ball. By Monday it was a little bigger than a cantaloupe. He was started on cemo and it shut down his kidneys and then his liver started failing. On Wednesday, He told me that he could not see very good and then he quit breathing. He had tubes placed down his throat, nose, arms, and toes. He has swelling of the brain due to high blood pressure. Hunter went into the hospital weighing 40 pounds and now weighs about 70 because of fluid build up. He is now stable and is in the intensive care unit at Buffalo Children's Hospital in Buffalo, NY. Hunter is only five years old. I would just like everyone to know, that Hunter has been set up with the Guinness book of world records to try to receive the most paper airplanes. Please forward this on to everyone that you know. All you have to do is make a paper airplane and write the state or the country you are from on the wing of your plane and send it to..

Hunter Winship (The Airplane Cancer Goal)
11227 North Hill Road
Freedom, NY 14065
United States of America"

No comments: