Monday, March 24, 2008

The Joys of Travel

The joys of travel
We drove 5 hours to see Spanky's Grandfather for Easter. It was kinda like a big family reunion. Sort of but not really. Anyhow, we decided to book a room instead of staying with family this time because well, there are 5 of us and my boys snore and get up 10 times a night for water and then they need to watch T.V. at 2:30 in the morning in order to "clear my head for bed Mom". I still want proof from the doctor that this was his recommended treatment for snoring for a 10 year old.
When we got the key to our room we were EXHAUSTED. Why does doing absolutely nothing for 5 hours straight and not moving a muscle make you so tired? This is one of those great unsolved mysteries isn't it. Where is Robert Stack when you need him?
Okay so we walked in and I immediately went right for the first bed I laid eyes on. Ahhhh, the bliss of laying on a pillowy pile of heaven made me almost pass out on the spot. With heavy lidded eyes I looked up at the stucco ceiling and noticed how white it was and tilted my head back a little further to follow one particularly striking pattern that was in the shape of Utah when something caught my eye.

Photobucket

It was the portrait that was hanging above our bed. It wasn't flowers or a pretty a mountain view. Nope. I looked up and saw this wonderful portrait of a big deer.
Photobucket
A HUGE buck standing at attention and ready to crack antlers with anyone who dare come to close to his bed. Can't I get away from the hunting theme for just one weekend?
Well then I shifted my gaze to the wall in front of my bed. It was kinda blurry at first. There was a pattern but it was a busy one so it was a little hard to distinguish at first.
Photobucket

I looked closer. Apparently there is a roller for painting your walls that has built in stencil of deer and pine trees. It flooded the wall in a wonderful arrangement of brown on white.
Photobucket
Do you see where this is taking me? Right back to the hunting theme. I was a little bit scared I was going to be cast in a remake of Deliverance. I know I'm chubby but no way am I playing Ned Beaty's part. Uh-uh. Nope. No way.
The motel that we stayed at shall remain nameless because I don't want to embarrass anyone. I will say that no matter how outdated the decoration was, the hospitality was anything but. They were warm and friendly. The room was clean with fresh towels, clean sheets and the remote to the T.V. where it could be found and that my dear friends is a miracle in itself because I cant even accomplish these feats in my own home.
Yep-it was a great Easter!

No comments: