Sunday, June 8, 2008

Day 159-Dog Butchering 101

So I was bored this weekend and decided to try out a new profession. Photography isn't enough for me. I had to try out dog grooming. I decided to try it out on my pomeranian. I decided that she was to hot under her huge fluffy coat and it needed to come off for the summer. I mean seriously, who wants to run around with a huge ball of frizz all over their body when its 105 degrees. Besides, Steve Correl people. Stay with me here.

Anyhow, I picked up some $25 pet clippers and went to down when we got home. Fur was flying, my girl was trying to run away. I had her tucked under one arm and the clippers in the other. Well the clippers weren't cutting through her hair to well so I decided to take the scissors to it first. I chopped away all the hair I could get my hands on. I may have puked a hair ball. I'm not admitting to anything.

My end result is a pomeranian with a butchered coat. I am to embarrassed to even take her to the groomers because I know they'll cackle and laugh at me when I leave. They'll talk about how people are stupid to think that they can do something like this on their own and they should leave it to the professionals and guess what. I couldnt agree MORE. They'll rush home to their families to tell them all about the poor little dog that came in with the mentally ill mom that tried to make her look like a chiuahuah.

Here is my beautiful girl before.

Photobucket

And here are a few of my poor girl after. Dont judge me before you walk a mile in my Crocs.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

I have learned in my life to leave dog grooming, cable and septic system installation to the professionals.

If anyone knows a good groomer that will not laugh at me too much and take pity on my poor girl please let me know. I'm going to go eat lots of spongy cake and possibly a whole side of beef. Maybe both together. I'm not sure yet. I've depressed myself looking at these pics.

3 comments:

Cheyenne said...

OMG, you made me spit diet coke all over my computer when I saw your poor attempt at dog grooming... but hey, you gotta try everything once!!!

Cat Tidwell said...

HAHAHA!! What is it with you and cutting hair? I would have thought you'd learned that lesson long time ago, ask Beth, lmao.

Unknown said...

I think she cute!!! haha