Tuesday, April 15, 2008

DAY 104-I LOVE YOU MORE


I knew that the boy sitting on the stool next to me was the love of my life when he cut out the heart of our pig fetus we were dissecting in biology class.
He did all the work. He never made me touch it all. I remember watching him crack the chest of our little pig and thinking about how sweet he was and how adorable his dimples were when he smiled at me. Even now, the smell of formaldehyde brings back those goose bumps of a first real love.

I had to have this boy. I was seeing someone and so was he but I didnt care. I dumped my loser boyfriend and about a week later he was "mysteriously" not dating anyone anymore. We would spend hours on the phone. I'm talking 5-6 hours at a time until we were both falling asleep or the phones batteries started dying. We were inseparable for years.

Still, 12 years later, 8 years of marriage and 3 babies he still melts me with his dimples when he smiles. I could probably do without the hairy hiney that came out of nowhere 5 years into the relationship but hey, no ones perfect. How boring would that be :) So this ones for you babe. Look how far we've come.....

No comments: