Friday, February 6, 2009

I have an answer!


I have severe sleep apnea. For those of you that dont know, I stop breathing in my sleep. Not just once or twice.I do this enough to make my oxygen levels drop to the low 80's. Around 95% is the lowest they'd like to see.

Finally I have an answer to all my medical problems from weight gain to headaches to high blood pressure and the recent high cholesterol. I FINALLY HAVE AN ANSWER! It feels so good to know that I'm not lazy. I really honestly just didnt have the physical energy to do anything. All I wanted to do was sleep but my sleep was horrible. The insomnia is from my body trying not to go to sleep because it didnt want to have to struggle for air.

My tech described it as being in water and diving. You hold your breath until you need to come up for air. Now the problem is that my body was doing this for 6-7 hours straight. I'm suffocating myself slowly to death. Scary.

I have to go back tomorrow and get fitted for a CPAP. Its a machine that will help keep my airway open while I sleep. I cant wait to feel good!!

However, I do believe I scared my poor tech away. He had to try and strap me with an elastic band across the bust area and I didnt have on a bra. He started to stretch it across me and I said, you better let me do this. These girls arent tied down and they're liable to knock you out if you get to close and they dont know you. He turned so red and laughed but I was serious. If my girls aren't locked up in their cages there's no telling what damage they might do to unwanted attention.

3 comments:

Cat Tidwell said...

ahhh you look so pitiful....HUGS you...I gonna send you email...

Stacy said...

Oh honey... I'm SO glad you got answers and hope you start feeling lots better now! That is some scary stuff eh????

Anonymous said...

Have you been using the CPAP yet? I got mine on Thursday and I'm having a hard time adjusting.