Thursday, October 16, 2008

SHUSH IT!

I am NOT one of those moms that will brag and brag about their kids. I mean, don't get me wrong I am very proud of all 3 of my boys but I think that there limit about how much you can brag about your children to other people. Everyone knows one of those parents right? Yeah, you know who I'm talking about and if you don't well then, your probably one of them. Me? I'm just happy when my kids put the toilet seat up before peeing. What can I say? I have low standards.

I have put together a small list for you to compare yourself too in case you have no idea if you are or not. These are actual situations that I have been in. If you are one of these people dont worry, there is help for you. We have rehab programs out there for you. You have to listen to other parents go on and on about their kids and your not allowed to say a word.

If you brag about how great of an artist your 3 year old is and how he can draw like professional artist but all the while your kid is sticking his crayons up his nose-then shush it.

If you brag about how your 4 year old is reading at a 3rd grade level and your friend looks over and sees your kid ripping pages out of his 3rd grade level book and eating them-then shush it.

If you brag about how your 2 year old has the extensive vocabulary of a 5 year old but all your kid really says 24-7 to everyone is "bitch"-then shush it.

And finally if you brag about your kid doing all these things above but is STILL on a bottle at the age of 4, not only will your kid have major issues later on life but you seriously need to shush it.


Now, having said all that here is my mommy brag for the week hahahaha. Its a legitimate brag though. I mean its not one of those "Awww look! He picked his nose but he did "not" eat it this time" kinda brags. My oldest son was inducted into the Babe Ruth Baseball Leagues "Best players of 2008" all-star book that will go into both of the National Hall of Fame libraries and archives. I have to submit a picture and I think this is the one I'm going to choose. He has his catchers mask and bat in this picture. What do you think? They want a black and white.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

LOVE it. Huge congrats!

Anonymous said...

That is the one! Awesome!!! And well worth the bragging from Mom!